At Kwikshift Removals we understand just how stressful moving day can be. This is why we have put together a few tips to help you before your big day. There are a number of things to consider in advance to ensure that your move runs as smoothly as possible.
- Packing – If you have decided to pack yourself, ensure the cartons are strong and larger than a standard size microwave. Anything smaller than this may be asked to be placed in a large strong carton. We use 18 x 13 x 13”.
- Dismantling – If you have not selected our dismantle & rebuild service. Please ensure that all beds have been dismantled, legs have been removed from the table,desk or sofas, wardrobes to be completely dismantled where possible or doors off if smaller than a double, & American fridge freezers will need the doors off before moving.
- Attics & lofts – If you have an attic or loft, please ensure that you have cleared this and placed the items in a room. This helps our moving team see the entire scale of your move when they first arrive, and ensures nothing gets forgotten.
- Parking – We would require at least 4/5 car lengths to be able to park our removal truck outside your property. If its on street parking, we would advise speaking to your neighbours the day before your move to ensure the removal truck has room to park in the morning.
- Appliances – Cookers, washing machines, fridges & freezers should all be disconnected, drained & defrosted before our guys arrive. American fridge freezers will need the doors off before moving.
- Children & Pets – It is best to keep children & pets out of the way during collection and delivery on moving day, to prevent them becoming unsettled. Help them feel comfortable by travelling with them to your new home.
- Wardrobe Boxes – We can provide wardrobe boxes on the day of your move for your hanging garments. We just require an email to say how many you need prior to moving. Subject to availabilty on the day.
- Electronic Devices – Please make sure that all devices are disconnected and removed from the walls etc. We recommend that you use bubble wrap or their original packaging to protect your electrical items . We will bring our removal blankets on the day of your move for added protection.
- Pictures & Mirrors – We would advise to wrap your pictures / mirrors and place them in a safe space on the floor, ready for our team to load. We recommend putting any smaller mirrors or pictures in a strong carton where possible. We will provide extra protection on the day of your move with our removal blankets.
- Curtains, Blinds & fixtures – These should be taken down prior to the arrival of your removal crew.
- Bedding & Linen – We would recommend using a strong bag or large carton.
- Garages & sheds – Please ensure any rubbish is discarded and tools cleaned and bundled together for easy carrying. We cannot move flammable substances, paint tins, creosote, paraffin, matches, gas bottles or similar items, as these invalidate your insurance cover. Other containers or bottles should be securely sealed to prevent spillage.
Our terms and conditions and terms of insurance do not cover jewellery, watches, precious stones, money, coins, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps, furs, tobacco or cigars. It is best to pack these items yourself and carry them in the car.